We Heart Deer Park
Pastor Tim White recently sent the Chamber information about this year’s annual back-to-school event that local churches have been hosting since 2012. The event is known as We Heart Deer Park.
“We Heart Deer Park” is a community gathering headed by the Deer Park faith community to provide a great Back-To-School experience for Deer Park families! There will be a carnival with free food, school supplies, and other giveaways to welcome the children and families of the Deer Park Elementary School and Arcadia Elementary School back into the class room. The date of this year’s We Heart Deer Park is August 28th at Arcadia Elementary School. The event is planned for 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
You Can Get Involved
Event organizers welcome age-appropriate booths that focus on something fun, or free snack food, games, family resources, and other giveaways (from groceries to books). They do not accept those who seek to build their client list, or those who charge the families for anything at the event. They also ask the each group have something for the children to take from their booth as well.
We Heart Deer Park has asked the Chamber to spread the word.
- Local businesses: They can use any and all donations towards their typical budget of $3,500 (99.9% of which purchases the backpacks and school supplies). All other things at the event come by donation and do not cost the committee anything.
- Churches: They are once again asking that every congregation take a special “Father’s Day Offering” for We Heart Deer Park – this seems an appropriate day to give to our local children. – All funds are to be taken to Franklin Accounting with the designation of “We Heart Deer Park“.
- Hair stylists/barbers: They need your help in cutting the children’s hair.
- Medical Professionals: They need help with sports physicals and immunizations – as well as any other health check-ups that could be offered without venturing into something akin to a typical Dr. visit. (They are not asking medical professionals to treat any physical condition, sickness, etc. at this event.)
- Chamber Members: For any members of the Chamber who attend a Deer Park area church, organizers would ask them to see if their Pastor and Church are involved, and if not, to encourage their participation (at least in the special Father’s Day Offering). This is sponsored by area churches who then partner with our two local elementary schools and other services to put on this event. We Heart Deer Park is about GIVING to our community – especially those who are facing challenges at this time. We, as congregations, are not competing for the “sheep”, instead we are coming together as His Flock to express the love of God in tangible ways to our neighbors – without preaching!
For more information about We Heart Deer Park or how you can be involved please contact Pastor Tim White at:
Rev Tim White, Pastor
Tri-County Christian Center (A/G)
East 320 H Street – P.O. Box 579
Deer Park, WA 99006
Visit the We Heart Deer Park Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/WeHeartDeerPark